It was a big weekend for the Trinity Old Scholars Cricket Club, on Saturday a club legend played his 100th game, while on Sunday, our women’s team made a winning debut.
With so much going on, we’ll unpack it with the weekend’s highlights:
- On Saturday, Benjamin Scott Johnson, who has been with the club right from the start played his 100th game, in a C grade win – contributing three wickets and being on a hat-trick.
We can’t say enough about this bloke and what a huge role he has played in getting us there. Congrats, Johnno.
- The women’s team played their first game, winning the toss and electing to bat.
- Inaugural skipper Brooke Morelandmade 47, before falling to a juggled catch, while first drop Tamra Cross(Symons) made an unbeaten 68.
- Moreland and Mel Hardywere the first batters at the crease, with the skipper getting the scoring under way with a boundary.
- In a special touch, Hannah Maddockswas in the first women’s team (cap 160), replicating the efforts of her partner and club president Adrian Zorich(cap five), who played in TOSCC’s first ever game.
- Bailee Major had the honour of bowling the women’s side’s first over and later claimed the first scalp.
- In the end, our 3/159 was too good for Adelaide Uni’s 3/104. Well done, ladies.
- On Saturday, chasing 240, the A grade made stuff all (all out for 94, Mitchell Dearing44) – the highlight, albeit a strange one, being St Iggies’ decision not to send us into bat again, despite being 159 runs ahead.
- In the B grade, we had an easy win against Hope Valley, defending our total of 230, with Ryan Robertscollecting five wickets.
- Hard to go past the day’s highlight being Cam Fletcher’s 14 in the final over of the day, including a zac, as we made 5/122 (Jack Millar37, Wep Winning60).
- Finally, to the C grade where Johnno made an impact, along with his good mate Nathan Kennedy(92).
- Jordy Saunderstook 2/17 and Modbury made 8/95.
- Finally, well done Ann Smith’s Cob Loaf, which took out the win in the TOSNC Quiz Night. Bradley Schaper, what a star!
Next week’s games: A grade v Reynella (Waldeck), B grade v Old Scotch (Scotch), C grade v Marion (Marion Oval), Women v Kensington (Waldeck)
Coming up: November 18: Poker night, Trinity Old Scholars Pavilion.